Monday, May 22, 2017

Have you visited the Pacific Northwest? If not, you're in for a treat...

Been to the Pacific Northwest?

If you haven't taken a trip as yet to the Pacific Northwest, you definitely need to visit this amazing destination!  Of course, I admit I am biased because I was born and bred in Canada. I lived in Victoria, British Columbia before I moved to Vancouver. This beautiful area holds a special place in my heart. You should know that the scenery in this area is world renowned, and I haven't met anyone who knows this part of the world that doesn't rave about its stunning beauty!

Image result for canada views of ocean and mountainsWe just returned from a trip to this area to catch up with family and friends. I was just fascinated with the different types of trees that you see on the west coast. I had forgotten about the spectacular views of the ocean and mountains in the background.


We try to visit the West Coast as least once a year. During these visits, we enjoy stops in Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon. These destinations offer a great variety of attractions. Alaskan cruises depart from both Seattle, Washington and Vancouver, Canada. I would highly recommend adding a day or two before or after the cruise to explore.
Image result
If you are going to Seattle, there are lots of fun activities. You can visit beautiful Mount St. Helens, take in the Space Needle, do a Boeing Tour or visit the famous Pike Place Market. The renowned Washington Wine Vineyards are just 30 minutes away where you can enjoy excellent wine tasting tours. You could also enjoy a memorable whale watching tour or go kayaking in the beautiful San Juan Islands.

Image may contain: sky, outdoor, water and nature
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, flower, sky, plant, tree and outdoorMany people do not realize that Vancouver, Canada is just a three hour drive from Seattle. This short trip is an easy drive or you or you can alternatively take a seaplane or hovercraft from Seattle to Victoria on Vancouver Island.  These are the pictures I recently took of the beautiful inner harbor in downtown Victoria where you would arrive.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor 
Afternoon Tea at the iconic Empress Hotel is a fun thing to do. Also you MUST take in a tour of the world famous "Butchart Gardens". They are spectacular year round, but especially nice in the summer evenings with stunning fireworks in the night-time sky. 

Visit soon to read about Vancouver. This amazing destination is absolutely gorgeous with SO MUCH to see and do! If you can't wait that long,  contact me and I would be happy to help you plan a trip to my "old stomping ground"!

No comments:

Post a Comment