Friday, April 25, 2014

Alaska is NOT just for retirees!

One of our most memorable vacations was a multi-generational cruise that we did with our sons, my parents, and my brother and sister-in-law. When my parents suggested Alaska as a destination I must admit I was skeptical...after all, wasn't Alaska just for retired people? 


Well it turns out I was very WRONG! We all ended up having a blast - and there was certainly something to do for every age group. One of the things that worked so well with a cruise was that we could all "do our own thing", and then meet up for dinner each night to discuss all that we had seen and done that day.


There are of course plenty of cruise options, but on our particular cruise we departed from beautiful Vancouver, Canada....and cruised the inland passage for 7 nights. We visited Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, and the spectacular Hubbard Glacier.



The scenery was spectacular, and there were plenty of opportunities to view wildlife, explore the historic towns, and take part in a variety of excursions. My brother and sister-in-law had an amazing time kayaking, and our eldest son decided that he would take a helicopter ride where he got to not only view incredible scenery, but he actually got to walk out on the glacier!


 

My parents enjoyed time on board the ship just relaxing and taking part in many of the activities that were available. 
Of course we all enjoyed the food - who wouldn't?

So would we go again? ABSOLUTELY - and next time I would like to do a cruise AND land tour as there is so much to see & do in beautiful Alaska. If you would like to know more about this amazing place, please CONTACT US for more information.



2 comments:

  1. An amazing vacation I would do that again in a heartbeat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too...we all just loved it, and I would highly recommend it! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete